Aspen® Chlorhexidine Gluconsate Solution 2%
All animals have the potential to transmit unwanted bacteria such as Salmonella & e. Coli to handlers and household surfaces. Aspen® (Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution 2.0%) is a antiseptic/antimicrobial skin cleanser, often used for wound care and prevention of infection. Because Chlorhexidine Gluconate bonds to the skin, the protective effects can last up to 6 hours and is etremely effective in reducing the possibility of contamination when proper handwashing methods are used. 2% solution is perfect for washing your animal's feet prior to bathing to prevent contamination from fecal matter and bacteria. Also serves well as a disinfectant for cages and household surface.
Please always use common sense while handling pets.
- Do not allow pets near your face.
- Do not put your hands, or anything that has touched your pet near your face or mouth without first washing and sanitizing accordingly.
- Ensure you have properly sanitized all surfaces your pet has touched. Bleaching and and immediately wiping surfaces does not constitute proper sanitization.
- Ensure you have leared proper handwashing methods. Most people do not wash their hands correctly and will fail to remove bacteria.
- Do not allow your pet near cooking or eating surfaces
Please remember that although for many people infections such as those related to Salmonella and e. Coli are most often more of an annoyance than a serious condition, these infections can be deadly to individuals with undeveloped or weakened immune systems. Proper hygine is critical in preventing the spread of disease. Young children should be supervised during handwashing to ensure correct methods are being used. Please refer to the pictured diagram for handwashing tips.
- antimicrobial skin cleanser helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
- for skin wound and general skin cleansing
- hand scrub
- hard surface disinfectant
- foot and skin bath
For external use only.
DO NOT USE
- if you are allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredients in this preparation
- around the eyes or in the ears
- on wounds that involve more than the superficial layers of skin
When using this product
- keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if placed or kept in the eye, or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums.
- if contact occours in any of these areas, rinse with cold water right away.
Stop and ask a doctor if
- irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs and lasts for 72 hours. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poision Control Center right away.
- Rinse skin area to be treated with Chlorhexidine Slution. Wipe away excess and pat dry with sterile gauze or sponge.
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of Chlorhexidine solution per gallon of clean water
Inactive Ingredients: Water, Ethoxylated Alcohol, FD&C Blue #1, Fragrance, Citric Acid