Hibiclens® (Chlorhexidine Gluconsate solution 4%) Medical Grade Skin Cleanser
All animals have the potential to transmit unwanted bacteria such as Salmonella & e. Coli to handlers and household surfaces. Hibiclens® (Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution 4.0%) is a medical grade antiseptic/antimicrobial skin cleanser. Because Chlorhexidine Gluconate bonds to the skin, the protective effects can last up to 6 hours and is etremely effective in reducing the possibility of contamination when proper handwashing methods are used.
Please always use common sense while handling pets.
- Do not allow pets near your face.
- Do not put your hands, or anything that has touched your pet near your face or mouth without first washing and sanitizing accordingly.
- Ensure you have properly sanitized all surfaces your pet has touched. Bleaching and and immediately wiping surfaces does not constitute proper sanitization.
- Ensure you have leared proper handwashing methods. Most people do not wash their hands correctly and will fail to remove bacteria.
- Do not allow your pet near cooking or eating surfaces
Please remember that although for many people infections such as those related to Salmonella and e. Coli are most often more of an annoyance than a serious condition, these infections can be deadly to individuals with undeveloped or weakened immune systems. Proper hygine is critical in preventing the spread of disease. Young children should be supervised during handwashing to ensure correct methods are being used. Please refer to the pictured diagram for handwashing tips.
- antimicrobial skin cleanser helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
- for skin wound and general skin cleansing
- surgical hand scrub
- healthcare personnel handwash
For external use only.
DO NOT USE
- if you are allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredients in this preparation
- as a patient preoperative skin preparation of the head or face
- in contact with the meninges
- in the genital area
- on wounds that involve more than the superficial layers of skin
When using this product
- keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if placed or kept in the eye during surgical procedures, or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums.
- if contact occours in any of these areas, rinse with cold water right away.
Stop and ask a doctor if
- irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs and lasts for 72 hours. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poision Control Center right away.
- use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
- skin wound and general skin cleansing. Thoroughly rinse the area to be cleansed with water. Apply the minnimum amount of the product necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gently. Rinse thoroughly.
- surgical hand scrub. Wet hands and forearms with water. Scrub for 3 minutes with about 5ml of the product with a brush. Rinse thoroughly under running water. Repeat. Dry thoroughly.
- healthcare personnel handwash. Wet hands with water. Dispense about 5ml of the product into cupped hands and wash in a vigoroush manner for 15 seconds. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
Inactive Ingredients: fragrance, luconolactone, isopropyl alcohol 4% w/v, lauramine oxide, poloxamer 237, purified water and red 40